I know it's been a while since I've written a blog... So I just wanted to let you know of my accomplishments since September 2014! So here goes!
In September 2014,
- I helped to represent LACDMH & Each Mind Matters (EMM) at the "Stronger Together: California Colleges & Universities United for Student Mental Health" Conference to connected with school administrators & professors of different universities state-wide. During the EMM presentation, they showed this image of my EMM vignette! I was so happy when they displayed that picture of me!
- As NAMI San Gabriel Valley's appointed Chair of Programming from August to December '14, I was in charge of hosting, welcoming & emceeing the monthly general meetings & their educational series featuring Dr. Michael DiPaolo. In addition to emceeing, I provided numerous community brochures/flyers, prepared sign-in sheets, set-up, & cleaned up for a majority of these meetings.
In October 2014,
- For my 3rd time & for Mental Health Awareness Week, I was featured to be a guest speaker for NAMI's Mental Health Matters radio show with Host & President of NAMI Hunterdon, Larry Cartwright. That interview audio file can be found here: http://www.hunterdonchamberradio.com/Radio_Shows/Mental_Health_Matters/Mental_Health_Matters-2014-10-06_07.mp3
- I attended my first LA County Board of Supervisors' meeting on 10/7/14 with Miguel Perla of Each Mind Matters for Supervisor Michael Antonovich recognizing the 11th Annual NAMI Walks.
- I was featured in LACDMH's eNews for having attended the LA County Board of Supervisors' meeting for Supervisor Michael Antonovich recognizing the 11th Annual NAMI Walks.
- I was featured again by LACDMH in their brief report re: the Proclamation of Oct 10th as World Mental Health Day at LA City Hall. For the recording of the Proclamation, you can find that here http://bit.ly/1HYk7EM starting at 11:45!
- I served as the NAMI Walks & Each Mind Matters mascot!
- I was asked by Phil Yu (aka Angry Asian Man) to be the Angry Reader of the Week for Halloween Day!
In November 2014,
- I was a NAMI Ending the Silence Presenter with Letty Baldero at Verdugo Hills High School. There we spoke to 3 different classrooms about mental health. I shared my personal story of growing up with depression & also showed the EMM vignette as well!
- I was invited & honored to speak at USC to share my personal story growing up with depression & how I've learned to help me help myself.